Puravits Superba Krill Oil + Vitamin D3 possesses unrivalled purity and contains high levels of the beneficial omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA which help provide support for the brain, heart and normal vision. Each 450mg capsule contains 175mg of omega-3 fatty acids (54mg DHA and 90mg EPA) as well as 20μg of astaxanthin and 100mg of marine phospholipids.
It is the presence of astaxanthin that sets our krill oil apart from the traditional fish oils. Astaxanthin is thought to be 300 times more powerful than the vitamins A and E. Krill oil also provides high levels of substances collectively known as marine phospholipids, which are a fundamental component of human cell membranes.
Puravits Superba Krill Oil is sourced exclusively from Aker BioMarine. Their fishery has been independently certified to the Marine Stewardship Council's (MSC) standard for a well-managed and sustainable fishery. Aker BioMarine draws on 30 years of fishing experience and relationships with established experts, including The WWF, MSC, CCAMLR (Convention for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources).
Aker BioMarine adheres to the highest environmental standards in all aspects of its operations and is focused on managing its fishery in a manner which emphasises sustainable harvesting practices that helps minimise environmental impact. Aker BioMarine is the only krill fishery certified as sustainable by the MSC and is fully aware of its responsibilities to the long term future of the krill population. This ensures that there is 100% traceability from the Antarctic seas to the end consumer.
Aker BioMarine has developed Eco-Harvesting™ technology. This technology is a proprietary method for gathering and processing krill. The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) has certified the Eco-Harvesting™ krill gathering method as sustainable. The process singles out any unwanted fish during fishing and releases it unharmed.
Independent testing reveals the antioxidant power of krill oil to be:
- Over 300 times greater than vitamins A and E
- Over 48 times greater than omega-3
- Over 34 times greater than CoQ10
Vitamin D3 contributes to:
- The maintenance of normal bone and teeth
- Normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus and the maintenance of normal blood calcium concentrations
- Normal cell division
- Normal function of the immune system
- The maintenance of normal muscle function
Directions For Use
- Adults take 2 soft gels daily with water.
- EPA and DHA contribute to normal function of the heart at a daily combined intake of at least 250mg.
- Do not exceed recommended amount unless directed by a doctor.
- Keep out of direct sunlight in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Antarctic Krill Lipid Extract (Euphausia Superba)
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid Concentrate as Epax®
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Capsule Shell (Marine Gelatine, Glycerin)
- Mixed Tocopherol
Per 2 Marine Soft Gel Capsules
Ingredient %EC RDA* Krill Complex Formulation 900mg Providing: Marine Phospholipids 200mg Total Omega-3 350mg Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 180mg Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 108mg Naturally Occurring Choline 45mg Astaxanthin 40μg Vitamin D3 10μg 200%
*EC Recommended Daily Allowance.
- Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18.
- Always consult your doctor before taking nutritional supplements, especially if you are taking medication, have an existing medical condition or are due to undergo surgery.
- You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet or a healthy lifestyle.
- Consult your doctor if pregnant or lactating.
- Not suitable for vegetarians or vegans.
- Allergy advice: Not suitable for persons with an allergy to fish or shellfish. Contains crustaceans. Contains fish.
- Side-effects from this supplement are rare but please discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately in the event of an adverse reaction.