Puravits Vitamin D also known as "The Sunshine Vitamin" is one of our most popular supplements, and for good reason. The body requires vitamin D in order to absorb calcium, and for the normal function of the immune system plus contributing to normal muscle function. Puravits Vitamin D supplements are made using the natural D3 form (also known as cholecalciferol) as opposed to the synthetic D2 version, as it is the natural form of vitamin D that your body makes from sunlight.
Each high strength tablet contains Puravits experts' optimum recommendation of 25μg (1000IU) of vitamin D3 in its natural form. Vitamin D3 is the form of vitamin D that is made in the body and therefore the form that our experts insist on using.
As we grow older, it is thought that we are at greater risk of vitamin D deficiency as the skin's ability to convert vitamin D into its active form decreases.
Vitamin D contributes to:
- The maintenance of normal bone and teeth
- Normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus and the maintenance of normal blood calcium concentrations
- Normal cell division
- Normal function of the immune system
- The maintenance of normal muscle function
Directions For Use
- Adults take 1 tablet daily with food.
- Do not exceed recommended amount unless directed by a doctor.
- Keep out of direct sunlight in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Vitamin D3 Preparation (Medium Chain Triglycerides, Cholecalciferol, Antioxidant: DL Alpha Tocopherol)
- Sunflower Seed Oil
- Capsule Shell (Glycerol, Modified Corn Starch, Carrageenan, Acidity Regulator: Sodium Carbonate Anhydrous)
Ingredient %EC RDA* Vitamin D3 25μg (1000IU) 800%
*EC Recommended Daily Allowance.
- Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18.
- Always consult your doctor before taking nutritional supplements, especially if you are taking medication or have an existing medical condition.
- You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet or a healthy lifestyle.
- Consult your doctor if pregnant or lactating.
- Suitable for vegetarians but not vegans.
- Side-effects from this supplement are rare but please discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately in the event of an adverse reaction.