Puravits Superba Krill Oil possesses unrivalled purity and contains high levels of the beneficial omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA which help provide support for the brain, heart and normal vision. Each 500mg capsule contains 120mg of omega-3 fatty acids which support the heart function, (32mg DHA and 70mg EPA) as well as 40μg of astaxanthin and 215mg of marine phospholipids.
It is the presence of astaxanthin that sets krill oil apart from the traditional fish oils. Astaxanthin is thought to be 300 times more powerful than the vitamins A and E. Krill oil also provides high levels of substances collectively known as marine phospholipids, which are a fundamental component of human cell membranes.
Puravits Superba Krill Oil is sourced exclusively from Aker BioMarine. Their fishery has been independently certified to the Marine Stewardship Council's (MSC) standard for a well-managed and sustainable fishery. Aker BioMarine draws on 30 years of fishing experience and relationships with established experts, including The WWF, MSC, CCAMLR (Convention for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources).
Aker BioMarine adheres to the highest environmental standards in all aspects of its operations and is focused on managing its fishery in a manner which emphasises sustainable harvesting practices that helps minimise environmental impact. Aker BioMarine is the only krill fishery certified as sustainable by the MSC and is fully aware of its responsibilities to the long term future of the krill population. This ensures that there is 100% traceability from the Antarctic seas to the end consumer.
Aker BioMarine has developed Eco-Harvesting™ technology. This technology is a proprietary method for gathering and processing krill. The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) has certified the Eco-Harvesting™ krill gathering method as sustainable. The process singles out any unwanted fish during fishing and releases it unharmed.
Independent testing reveals the antioxidant power of krill oil to be:
- Over 300 times greater than vitamins A and E
- Over 48 times greater than omega-3
- Over 34 times greater than CoQ10
Directions For Use
- Adults take 2-3 soft gels daily with water.
- At 250mg+ (3 soft gels daily) EPA and DHA contribute to normal function of the heart and maintenance of normal brain function and vision.
- Do not exceed recommended amount unless directed by a doctor.
- Keep out of direct sunlight in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Antarctic Krill Lipid Extract (Euphausia Superba)
- Capsule Shell (Marine Gelatine, Glycerin)
Per 2 Marine Soft Gel Capsules
Ingredient 100% Pure Krill Oil 1000mg Providing: Marine Phospholipids 430mg Total Omega-3 240mg Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 140mg Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 65mg Naturally Occurring Choline 45mg Astaxanthin 80μg
- Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18.
- Always consult your doctor before taking nutritional supplements, especially if you are taking medication, have an existing medical condition or are due to undergo surgery.
- You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet or a healthy lifestyle.
- Consult your doctor if pregnant or lactating.
- Not suitable for vegetarians or vegans.
- Allergy advice: Not suitable for persons with an allergy to fish or shellfish. Contains crustaceans. Contains fish.
- Side-effects from this supplement are rare but please discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately in the event of an adverse reaction.